DOWNS:
Like many of my days here, I experienced a lot of ups and downs today. I really struggled in our boot camp first thing this morning. Wayne kicked it up a notch or two and everyone felt it. My calf is still giving me some grief ( which is obvious now that it is not just a cramp) When we went on our hike I of course fell into position of bringing up the rear except this time I was so far behind I couldn't see anyone. I decided to have my own pity party and had a little cry session in my private moment. It is very frustrating to be so far behind everyone else. I can't believe I ever let myself get to this point and now that I am working so hard and trying to stay focused, I get so mad that I am always nursing injuries or some other ailment. AAARRRGGG!
UPS:
I thought I would focus more on the positive to end with. When I worked out with Wayne for my lower body workout after the hike I did feel a little more energized. He did kick my hiney but I had Cherie to laugh with the whole time. She is my workout buddy and I love her to death. She has my sense of humor and many times we end up laughing so hard the trainers are ready to kill us. It gets us through some grueling times. We can usually get Wayne to start cracking up with us, but he is quick to bring us back to focus. Today we discovered that I am like Maria Sharipova (the tennis player) when I lift weights. (not that I look like her by any means) Sharipova is a grunter when she hits the ball which drives me crazy. We discovered though that I am a grunter also, except when I lift heavy weights. I couldn't stop doing it. I guess I also screw my face up in weird contortionist type ways. Wayne and Cherie had fun at my expense the whole hour. I love it! We finished the evening with a Chris Butt "walk". The hike was all stairs and strait up. but when we got to the top 30 minutes later we ran into a beautiful waterfall. It ended our evening on an amazing high. I am grateful to be a part of this.
Lisa we admire your strength. It sounds like you are growing in sooo many ways. That is so cool! Deanna just gave us some great sriptures, that talked about that refining process we go through in life. I think we become stronger, when we know that we can't do it without Heavenly Fathers help. Thanks for your example.:) It makes us want to be better. We Love you, Cherie and David
ReplyDelete