Welcome

On May 9th, 2010, I enter a fitness camp for 4 weeks. From this blog, you can read about my experiences--good, bad, and ugly. Hope only good.


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Things I've learned


I am starting to feel great today! I can feel that I am getting stronger every day even though I have been nursing injuries. I actually went for a brisk walk tonight after dinner and I wasn't out of breath. It felt invigorating!

Things I have learned:
* Even if you don't feel like moving, do it anyway! It has been hard to drag my body to and from every workout but I have done it anyway and I am now starting to feel so much better!
* The first week and a half was so hard, I hated every minute and did not feel the "runners high" that everyone talks about. You have to push past it! You will feel it eventually.
*Yoga by the pool rocks...Mart, I need a pool. he he
*To get meat to be so tender you can cut it with a fork, you under cook the meat just a little, then remove it from the heat source and tent it. (cover it) The heat from the meat will steam it the rest of the way done. AWESOME.
*To get flavor into veggies without the fat, put soy sauce and garlic in the water in the pan and then steam them.

P.S This was our restorative yoga by the pool tonight...LOVE IT!

2 comments:

  1. That Restorative Yoga looks like so much fun! I love laying by a fire with a blanky! Can I come?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that hiney kickin from Wayne is worth it if you can have a yoga session like that.... you gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete