Yet another set back! Really, this is getting a little old. This old, out of shape body is really fighting these new changes. I will win though!
Last night as I was going to bed, I started to feel some tightness in my chest. I did some stretching exercises to try to open my airways and went to bed. All night I struggled to take a deep breath. It was a very panicky feeling. When Wayne got to the home at 5:45 a.m. I told him I was really having a hard time. He called the doctor that monitors us here and left a message for her to contact me. In the meantime, Mart came up and took me to the insta care. They listened to my lungs and decided I might need an enhaler. As soon as I got back, I went to Zumba class and still did not feel any better. There was quite a strain on my lungs. Our doctor called and she advised me to go to the emergency room. Because of my earlier scare with a blood clot in my leg, she wanted to make sure I did not have one in my lungs. So off I went with Cherie as my companion to the E.R. They ran a bunch of tests, took blood, ekg's, and x-rays. They told me they needed to look at a specific blood test to see if it was elevated. If it was elevated it could indicate a blood clot. Of course, the test came back very elevated and so they wheeled me in for a CT scan. Thankfully, everything came out clear and the doctor said I probably have exercise induced asthma. Oh yippie, something else I get to overcome! I was sent home with steroids to try and open my lungs. I am still waiting for that relief. I will have to take it easy tomorrow but hopefully I will be able to get back in the swing of things come Friday. I am antsy to keep moving!
Continued Success & Introspection
-
The view to the valley from Bell Canyon Waterfall
We've been home 2 1/2 weeks now. Cherie and I have been friends for almost
a dozen years. Last week, we ...
16 years ago
Wow! What a day you had. With the intensity in which you are doing everything, things are going to be magnified. I have that excercised induced asthma condition as well and the enhaler will make the world of difference. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteThe test that Lisa mentioned measures the D-dimmer levels in the blood. When a body has a blood clot, it naturally produces high levels of D dimmer to dissolve the clot.
ReplyDeleteThe body produces high D-dimmer levels for another very important reason (and Lisa left out that part): to heal torn muscle tissue. Because Lisa is producing Herculean muscle tissue from her countless hours of exercise, her body is producing massive amounts of D dimmer. So all that stuff in her blood is good stuff!!!
Yay for Lisa!!!! Lisa, you're awesome. Glad all these set backs are making you stronger. It's so great to see you fighting so hard--and succeeding!!!
Oh my sweet friend...very scary! I'm so, so glad you are OK. I have to admit I skipped to the end to make sure everything was good before I read the rest. Change is hard...emotionally, physically, etc. Bodies get very set in their ways so quickly. You are awesome...your attitude and outlook are amazing! Go Lisa! Go Lisa!
ReplyDeleteI kept remembering a family motto that Liz always says to her kids and I have adopted her motto into our family as well, "If it kills you, then you never have to do it again". Love ya a bunch!
ReplyDelete