Welcome

On May 9th, 2010, I enter a fitness camp for 4 weeks. From this blog, you can read about my experiences--good, bad, and ugly. Hope only good.


Monday, May 10, 2010

Tears, Nausea, and More Tears

It's been a rough beginning with Lisa's Fit Trip. After arising at 5:00 AM--wow, do people really rise at that time? Okay, after waking early, she had a snack and did some assessments--I don't think they were multiple choice questions. Then she started her workout, which consisted of a pseudo-hike. Not exactly sure how they hiked, because they didn't climb the mountainside, but instead did the "hike" inside.

She hadn't slept well the night before, and she awoke feeling nauseated. Not the way anyone wants to feel before and during a workout. At about the midpoint in her day's exercise, she nearly fainted. The nausea returned and stayed with her for most of the day.

Not feeling well, she didn't eat much throughout the day either. When you're burning over 3,500 calories a day, you need good calories, and she wasn't taking in very much. By the afternoon, she was done physically.

That's when the tears started to flow--in the quite loneliness of her room. She's been so excited (and nervous) about her fit trip. Her feelings are near the surface. It's an emotional time for her right now.

Despite her rough beginning, she's hoping she feels well tomorrow. She's completely committed to achieving her goals and finding a healthy future.

We thank all of you for supporting Lisa in her quest! She wanted me to share her feelings with you, as she isn't feeling well enough to write them herself yet. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Nausea.... Tell me about it. I was feeling nauseous from your previous post about your good-bye make out session.

    Please start filtering your comments, Mart, BEFORE you put them out there?

    GOOD JOB, AND GOOD LUCK LISA! We're cheering you on from afar - here in the greater Naperville Area!!!

    -The Polomsky Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I love you! I am so sorry you didn't have a very good first day, but I am sure you will start feeling better! Keep up the enthusiasm! I loved your children for you and they are doing great (despite what you told me it turns our Mart is a great dad! ;))! If I could do amazing cheerleading moves like you I would but for now I will just say L-I-S-A GO LISA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Lisa! Dave and I are cheering you on back in Lehi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear sweet friend...you've done the hardest part! The first day of anything is so HARD...smooth sailing from here on out! :>) I'm so proud of you...but I miss you desperately when I walk in the front doors at school and don't see your gorgeous face! Hang in there...you can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete