Monday must be my yucky day. This morning I woke up and went upstairs for my body assessment. As I walked down two little stairs, my one leg gave out a little and my other leg's calf slammed into the back of the stairs. I thought for sure I had snapped something. Pain just shot up my leg!
I was helped to the couch and put my leg up. Through a series of questions, touch, and Mart's internet diagnosis from home, we figured I had a massive cramp in my calf muscle. I was relieved that it wasn't more than that but I still couldn't put any weight on my foot.
They took me to the gym so that I could go in the pool while the rest of the group hiked. I sat in the hot tub for about 20 minutes and tried to loosen up my leg. I was able to hobble out to the pool and I worked as hard as I could with a gimp leg.
Fortunately, today was my upper body weights so I was able to do that afterward. I am still limping around but at least I am up and moving. I have never had such a painful cramp in all of my life. The pain goes all the way up my leg to my upper thigh. Hopefully, I will be able to work it out before tomorrow. I do not want to waste any time!
Continued Success & Introspection
-
The view to the valley from Bell Canyon Waterfall
We've been home 2 1/2 weeks now. Cherie and I have been friends for almost
a dozen years. Last week, we ...
16 years ago
I have the exact same pain - except in my head. And it happens on each and every conference call that I have with your husband.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I should try soaking my had in a hot tub for 20 minutes too. Perhaps that will alleviate my pain....
Hang in there!!!
Lisa. I miss you. I am sorry your leg is being stupid. Feel better soon!!!
ReplyDeleteI will be sending love and good karma in your direction!
Muah!
Camille
Despite a massive cramp, she swam all morning, rode a bike, and worked her upper body--all before our workdays ended. Trooper!!! Most of us (including yours truly) would have been on the couch all day! Way to go Lis!
ReplyDeleteRegarding the cramp, maybe you're pregnant. :-) Remember those leg cramps when you were pregnant with Tanner? In the middle of the night, you'd stick your leg straight in the air--after putting my arm or hand in a death grip. Nothing like waking up horrified and in pain! Hope the leg cramp dissipates soon. Love you!