Boy, did they up the intensity with our workouts this week! Cherie and I were fortunate to have lower body (aka legs) in weight training today after we went up the steep, front side of the mountain on an hour hike. My legs were already wobbly when we entered the gym. Our trainer, Trevor, pushed us to our max. We had platforms that were different heights that we had to continually step up and down on and then sit in a squat afterward for 1 minute. Then we strapped in those bands that go around our waist and we had to pull Trevor across the entire gym with him pulling against us. We did this running forward, backward and side to side. I couldn't catch my breath. Sweat was pouring down our faces and he told us to do it again and again. I think my legs actually fell off on the gym floor and Trevor pasted them back on when he stretched us out.
But hey, I actually managed to do Pilates and dance blast after that. We get to watch Biggest Loser tonight but don't worry, in case you think we are slacking, we will get up every commercial and do sit ups, leg lifts, jogging and stretching. Will You?
Continued Success & Introspection
-
The view to the valley from Bell Canyon Waterfall
We've been home 2 1/2 weeks now. Cherie and I have been friends for almost
a dozen years. Last week, we ...
16 years ago
Wow! Sounds intense. You are my hero, babe! My workout went like this: rip out 30 day lilies, dig a hole to fix a sprinkler, fill in the hole, replant half of those lilies. A few knee bends in between. No sweat dripping from my face, sorry.
ReplyDeleteI'm sooo proud of you. It's so inspiring to read how hard you're working. If I could just get out of bed early enough in the morning to exercise, then maybe I could sweat like you--at least for a few minutes.
Keep going, babe! Thanks for sharing the details of your experience. We're all pulling for ya.